1. No purchase necessary to enter or to win.
2. A purchase will not increase your odds of winning.
3. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply.
4. Void where prohibited.
5. Each qualified participating member of Flint will have only one chance to win.
6. A participating member will be enrolled and active in the program the entire period from June 1, 2012-Sept. 30, 2013 and that account is to be active in October 2012.
7. There will be 10 grand prizewinners in this contest.
8. There will be no cash equivalents given as the prize, no refunds, no exchanges.
9. Flint and the Flint Appliance Center will deliver the winner’s appliances.
10. Flint and the Flint Appliance Center will not be responsible for modifications, rewiring, repiping, etc. needed to install the winner’s appliances. A member may forfeit their claim to winning an appliance if it cannot be successfully installed, at Flint’s sole discretion.
11. The appliances are only offered in stainless steel finishes at this time. No credit or cash equivalent will be provided. Appliance models may be substituted based on availability.
12. Each item in the giveaway package may be viewed at the Flint Appliance Center during regular business hours.
13. The winner may not get a refund from the Flint Appliance Center if they have purchased any appliances there within the last 12 months
14. Each Flint member who volunteers for the Hot Summer Rebates pilot project will qualify for the drawing.
15. Members may volunteer online at www.flintenergies.com or in any Flint office. Not all volunteers will be selected to participate.
16. Winners will be notified either by mail or in person.
17. Flint Energies’ decisions are final.
18. Taxes are the winner's responsibility.
19. Contest is open only to Flint Energies members with good credit (defined as no cutoffs for non-payment and no dishonored checks within the last 13 months).
20. Directors and current employees of Flint Energies, their affiliates and subsidiaries, are not eligible.
21. By entering this promotion, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these official rules and the decisions made by Flint Energies.
22. Flint Energies is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any technical or human error that may occur in the winner selection process.
23. Hot Summer Rebates volunteer signup entries become the property of Flint Energies and will not be returned.
24. Flint Energies reserves the right to disqualify any entry determined to be in violation of the letter and spirit of the official rules.
25. Verifiable Retail Value: MSRP approaches $10,000
26. Estimated Odds of Winning: No Less Than 1 in 70,000. Actual odds of winning depend on the number of qualified applicants
27. Winner may waive their right to receive prize. Prize is nonassignable and nontransferable.
28. Winner agrees to allow Flint Energies to use their name and their photo/likeness in news releases and in promotional materials for future projects.
29. By entering, members release Flint EMC (dba Flint Energies), its directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the awarded appliances or with the acceptance, possession or use of any appliance (including, without limitation, claims costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
30. Member must have active “residential” account to participate in the program with a 200-amp service.
31. A rental tenant must have permission from the homeowner to enroll in the program before the in-home device is installed.
32. The program is available to Flint Energies residential electric customers taking service under Rate Schedule FR-17, and who have qualifying advanced electric meters.
33. To benefit from the Hot Summer Rebates program, you must be able to reduce load from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. during load management days in the summer (Could occur any day Sunday-Saturday).
34. This pilot program is expected to run at least two years, under Flint’s contract to the US Dept. of Energy.